Instead of the first obligatory "Hello World" module, we will create a new module that improves the display of a popular module.
This session will discuss best practices prior to building a module, organizing your custom modules, and tackle a real-world problem, stepping through the process from inception to completion of a new module.
- Best practices for development in Drupal
- How to organize your modules
- Research before creating a module
- How to write a .info file
- Creating a module
- Brief overview of the Drupal developer's toolbox (Git, drush, devel, irc)
PHP developers new to Drupal, and site builders that are interested in development. Assumes basic knowledge of PHP and CSS.